- Selerant - EHS Blog EN
- ECHA’s Committee concludes on two restrictions and 10 harmonised classifications opinions
ECHA’s Committee concludes on two restrictions and 10 harmonised classifications opinions
Posted By: Selerant EHS
What are RAC and SEAC?
The Committee for Risk Assessment (RAC) prepares the opinions of ECHA related to the risks of substances to human health and the environment in the following REACH and CLP processes, while the Committee for Socio-Economic Analysis (SEAC) evaluates the socio-economic impact of the proposed restriction on manifacture, placing on the market or use of the substance. The final decisions are taken by the European Commission.
Two new restrictions proposals
Last December 10th 2019, SEAC has issued its opinion on the restriction proposal by Italy to restrict the uses of the N,N-dimethylformamide (DMF) on its own or in mixtures in a concentration equal to or greater than 0.3 % w/w.
Futhermore, RAC supported the proposal by ECHA to restrict placing on the market of D4, D5 and D6 as substances, as contituents of other substances, or in mixtures in a concentration equal to or greater than 0.1 % w/w of each substance. A consultation on the agreed SEAC opinion will begin soon and the Committee is expected to adopt an opinion at its March 2020 meeting.
Update on harmonised classifications
RAC has also issued 10 opinions on harmonised classification and labelling, including eight active substances used in biocidal products and/or plant protection products and two industrial chemicals.The interested substances are:
- 24-Epibrassinolide (CAS 78821-43-9)
- Carbendazim (ISO) (CAS 1060521-7)
- Cypermethrin (ISO) (CAS 52315-07-8)
- Tetrafluoroethylene (CAS 116-14-3)
- Thiamethoxam (ISO) (CAS 153719-23-4)
- Silanamine, 1,1,1-trimethyl-N-(trimethylsilyl)-, hydrolysis products with silica (CAS 68909-20-6)
- Trinexapac-ethyl (ISO) (CAS 95266-40-3)
- 1,4-dimethylnaphthalene (CAS 571-58-4)
- Imazamox (ISO) (CAS 114311-32-9)
- 3-methylpyrazole (CAS 1453-58-3)
For further informations, please use the following link: