What substance has been added to the Candidate List?
ECHA, on request of the European Commission or a Member State, may propose a substance to be identified as of very high concern (SVHC). If the substance is identified as such, it will be added to the Candidate List for its eventual inclusion in the authorisation list (REACH Annex XIV). The inclusion of a substance in the Candidate List creates law obligations for the companies producing, importing or using these substances as such, in preparations or in articles.
On January 17th 2023, the following substances have been added to the Candidate List:
- Reaction mass of 2,2,3,3,5,5,6,6-octafluoro-4-(1,1,1,2,3,3,3-heptafluoropropan-2yl)morpholine and 2,2,3,3,5,5,6,6-octafluoro-4-(heptafluoropropyl)morpholine (EC 473-390-7) for its vPvB (Article 57e) properties
- Perfluoroheptanoic acid and its salts (such as potassium, ammonium or sodium) for their toxicity for reproduction (Article 57c), PBT (Article 57d), vPvB (Article 57e) and for their equivalent level of concern having probable serious effect to human health (Article 57f – Human health) and to the environment (Article 57f – Environment)
- Melamine (CAS 108-78-1; EC 203-615-4) for its equivalent level of concern having probable serious effects to human health (Article 57f – Human health) and to the environment (Article 57f – Environment)
- Isobutyl 4-hydroxybenzoate (CAS 4247-02-3; EC 224-208-8) for its endocrine disrupting properties (Article 57f – Human health)
- bis(2-ethylhexyl) tetrabromophthalate covering any of the individual isomers and/or combinations thereof for its vPvB properties (Article 57e)
- Barium diboron tetraoxide (CAS 13701-59-2; EC 237-222-4) for its toxicity for reproduction (Article 57c)
- 4,4'-sulphonyldiphenol (CAS 80-09-1; EC 201-250-5) for its toxicity for reproduction (Article 57c) and endocrine disrupting properties for health and environment (Article 57f – Environment and Human health)
- 2,2',6,6'-tetrabromo-4,4'-isopropylidenediphenol (CAS 79-94-7; EC 201-236-9) for its carcinogenic (Article 57a) properties
- 1,1'-[ethane-1,2-diylbisoxy]bis[2,4,6-tribromobenzene] (CAS 37853-59-1; EC 253-692-3) for its vPvB (Article 57e) properties
For more information on the Candidate List, visit these links: