Last June 13th 2022, Malaysia DOSH has opened consultation regarding the update of the country’s implementation of the GHS standard and SDS criteria, which will align it with the eight revision of the GHS. The consultation period ends on August 15th 2022.
The Malaysian country authority also published a proposed list of amendments, offering a preview of what the update could consist of.
The draft GHS: what’s new?
Among other changes, DOSH Malaysia plans to introduce the following changes to its previous GHS implementation following the building-block approach:
- Subcategorization for flammable gases, category 1 in 1A and 1B
- Addition of new hazard categories, pyrophoric gases and chemically unstable gases, within the hazard class flammable gases
- Addition of category 3 to the Aerosol classification
- Addition of the desensitized explosive hazard classification
- Implementation of Skin irritation, category 3
- Subcategorization of Eye irritant, category 2 in 2A and 2B
- Subcategorization of Respiratory/Skin sensitization category 1 in 1A and 1B
Malaysia DOSH has yet to provide an official proposed implementation date. Moreover, it is currently unclear whether a transitional period will be in place.
Selerant is paying close attention to the evolution of the regulatory situation and will keep you updated on any news in this regard.
For more information regarding the public consultation published by Malaysia DOSH, please use the following links:
For more informations regarding the Selerant’s GHS solutions, please use this link: