Europe: New proposals and intentions on harmonised CLP classifications
Posted By: Selerant EHS
Harmonised classification: substance proposals
The Committee for Risk Assessment (RAC), which draws up ECHA’s opinions related to the risks of substances to human health and the environment in the REACH and CLP processes, has published on ECHA website the harmonised classifications that have been proposed for the following substances:
- N,N'-methylenediacrylamide (EC 203-750-9, CAS 110-26-9): Sweden has proposed the following harmonised classification: 1B, H340;
- Propyl 4-hydroxybenzoate (EC 202-307-7, CAS 94-13-3): Belgium has proposed to classify this substance with the following harmonised classification: Repr. 2, H361fd;
- Dibenzoyl peroxide (EC 202-327-6, CAS 94-36-0): The Health and Safety Authority of Ireland has proposed to add to the current harmonized classification the following hazards: Aquatic Acute 1, H400 (M factor = 10) and Aquatic Chronic 1, H410 (M factor = 10).
Harmonised classification: public consultation
Public consultation has been opened by the ECHA for Sodium 3-(allyloxy)-2-hydroxypropanesulphonate (EC 258-004-5, CAS 52556-42-0) regarding its classification.
Currently Sodium 3-(allyloxy)-2-hydroxypropanesulphonate is not included in Annex VI of CLP. France has proposed to include this substance in Annex VI with the following harmonised classification: Eye Dam. 1, H318; Repr. 1B, H360F.
ECHA invites all interested parties to provide comments regarding the hazard classes proposed. This public consultation will end on December 3rd, 2021.
Harmonised classification: intentions of proposal
There is a new intention of proposal regarding harmonised classification and labelling for the following substance:
- clopyralid (ISO), 3,6-dichloropyridine-2-carboxylic acid (EC 216-935-4, CAS 1702-17-6).
The proposed classifications will be evaluated by the Committee for Risk Assessment (RAC)
You can find more details on intentions concerning these substances on the specific ECHA page for intentions of harmonised classification
For further information concerning the harmonised classification according to CLP, follow these links:
- Currently open public consultation on harmonised classification and labelling
- List of Harmonised classification and labelling (CLH) proposals and intentions