- Selerant - EHS Blog EN
- The Open Public Consultation about the next CLP Regulation Revision has been published
The Open Public Consultation about the next CLP Regulation Revision has been published
Posted By: Selerant EHS
The Open Public Consultation process
The CLP Regulation aims to identify the hazardous properties of chemicals and defines the labelling and packaging dispositions with the objective to protect citizens, workers and the environment while, at the same time, facilitate the intra-EU exchange of chemical products. These wide goals are achieved with the periodic revision of the regulatory requirements based on the most up-to-date scientific data and the collection of the public opinion.
Thus, in order to gather feedback about various topics and to address the most relevant technical aspects in the future revisions of the Regulation, last August 9th the European Commission published a dedicated Open Survey, which will feed directly into the work of the European Commission.
The survey: what’s new?
Here below we report the most interesting among the topics discussed, hinting at what may be the future intentions of the European Commission
- Probable introduction of new CLP hazard classes (i.e. Endocrine disruptors with adverse effects on human health or on the environment, PBT, vPvB, PMT, vPvM, immunotoxicity and neurotoxicity)
- Possible harmonization of exposure data (i.e. DNEL, PNEC, DMEL)
- Possibility of moving certain label elements from the physical label to a digital medium (i.e. QR code)
- Possible Extension of PCN requirement to hazardous substances
- Possible introduction of CLP environmental hazards labelling requirements also for CLP-exempted product categories.
For more information, please consult the following links: