New substances added to Annex XIV to REACH Regulation
Regulation 2020/171 adds 11 new entries to REACH Annex XIV, bringing the total number of substances to 54.
The following substances have been added:
- 1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, dihexyl ester, branched and linear (CAS: 68515-50-4) – Toxic for reproduction (Cat. 1B)
- Dihexyl phthalate (CAS: 84-75-3) – Toxic for reproduction (Cat. 1B)
- 1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid, di-C6-10-alkyl esters; 1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid, mixed decyl and hexyl and octyl diesters with ≥ 0,3 % of dihexyl phthalate (EC No 201-559-5) (CAS: 68515-51-5; 68648-93-1) – Toxic for reproduction (Cat. 1B)
- Trixylyl phosphate (CAS: 25155-23-1) – Toxic for reproduction (Cat. 1B)
- Sodium perborate; perboric acid, sodium salt – Toxic for reproduction (Cat. 1B)
- Sodium peroxometaborate (CAS: 7632-04-4) – Toxic for reproduction (Cat. 1B)
- 5-sec-butyl-2-(2,4-dimethylcyclohex-3-en-1- yl)-5-methyl-1,3-dioxane , 5-sec-butyl-2- (4,6-dimethylcyclohex-3-en-1-yl)-5-methyl- 1,3-dioxane  [covering any of the individual stereoisomers of  and  or any combination thereof] – vPvB
- 2-(2H-benzotriazol-2-yl)-4,6-ditertpentylphenol (UV-328) (CAS: 25973-55-1) – PBT, vPvB
- 2,4-di-tert-butyl-6-(5-chlorobenzotriazol-2- yl)phenol (UV-327) (CAS: 3864-99-1) – vPvB
- 2-(2H-benzotriazol-2-yl)-4-(tert-butyl)-6- (sec-butyl)phenol (UV-350) (CAS: 36437-37-3) – vPvB
- 2-benzotriazol-2-yl-4,6-di-tert-butylphenol (UV-320) – (CAS: 3846-71-7) – PBT, vPvB
Authorization. What are the characteristics of the added substances?
The listed substances are included in Annex XIV for some of the intrinsic properties referred to in the Article 57, that means that they are in compliance with the classification criteria as carcinogenic substances (Cat. 1A or 1B), mutagenic (Cat. 1A or 1B) or toxic for reproduction (Cat. 1A or 1B), vPvB, PBT.
As provided for in the Title VII and in the Articles from 55 to 66 of REACH regulation, for each substance included in Annex XIV, and therefore subjected to the authorization procedure, the transitional provisions involving two dates settled as follows:
- The expiration date from which the placing on the market and the use of the substance are forbidden, unless specifically approved (art. 58.1 letter c), point i) of REACH);
- The date within which the authorization requests for a particular use of the substance have to be sent (art. 58.1 letter c), point ii) of REACH);
This regulation came into force on February 26th 2020.