On July 14, 2016, the Ministry of Agro-Industry of Argentina has released the Resolution SENASA 374/2016 (in Spanish): a new regulation approving the production system, commercialization, control and certification of organic products.
The Resolution must be applied to all production stages: postharvest, elaboration, distribution, typing, packaging, commercialization, transport, control and certification for organic products of agricultural and aquaculture origin.
The act lists the general rules and principles of organic production and primary production:
• Specific rules of production, packaging, transport, storage and control system.
• The permitted fertilizers, soil conditioners and nutrients.
• The permitted products for physiological management.
• The animal storage and feed
• Organic aquaculture requirements.
• The allowed additives in food for human consumption
• The approval and registration requirements.
The Resolution 374/2016 was published in the Argentinian Official Journal on July 21, 2016 and entered into force the day after.
For further information: National Service of Food Safety and Quality of Agrifood (SENASA).