Health Canada amended four pesticides MRLs for Boscalid, Pyraclostrobin, Carfentazone-ethyl and Difenoconazole. The new limits entered into force on July 18, 2016.
• Carfentazone-ethyl: added one limit for the Hops (dried) of 0.1 ppm, after the period of the consultation PMRL2016-14.
• Difenoconazole: 15 new limits added for different varieties of berries with limit 4 ppm, two are raised up from 2.5 to 4 ppm for lingonberries and lowbush blueberries by the consultation PMRL2016-15.
On July 25, 2016 five pesticides were amended on the Canadian MRL Database: Pyroxasulfone, Fluazifop-butyl, Sedaxane, Cyantraniliprole and Isopyrazam.
• Pyroxasulfone: one limit has been raised up from 0.01 to 0.03 ppm for wheat after the consultation PMRL2016-16.
• Fluazifop-butyl: 12 limits were added for several citrus fruits and one raised up from 0.5 to 1.5 ppm for the sweet potato roots after the consultation PMRL2016-17.
• Sedaxane: one limit is established for the sweet potato roots at 0.01 ppm after the consultation PMRL2016-18.
• Cyantraniliprole: 15 limits have been changed for different varieties of fruits and fruiting vegetables, raising up them from 0.4 to 0.7 ppm after the consultation PMRL2016-19.
• Isopyrazam: 3 limits were introduced; one for apples with 0.7 ppm, one for peanuts with 0.01 ppm and one for dried apples with limit 2 ppm, after the consultation PMRL2016-20.