The Government of Hong Kong announced the establishment of the Committee on Reduction of Salt and Sugar in Food on March 13. The Committee is responsible for making recommendations to the Secretary for Food and Health on the formulation of policy directions and work plans to reduce the intake of salt and sugar by the public, as well as to reduce salt and sugar in food.
The Committee will hold its first meeting on March 27 regarding on:
1. To steer the direction and coordinate the work of reducing salt and sugar intake by the local population, including:
- Assessment and monitoring of the local situation.
- Setting out priority areas for reduction of salt and sugar in food and formulation of local reduction targets.
- Promotion and public education strategy.
2. To formulate and oversee the implementation and evaluation of the Action Plans for Salt and Sugar Reduction in Food in Hong Kong.
For the source click here.