On Oct. 9, 2014, NHFPC published "guidance on establishing and taking record of local food safety standards". The guidance specifies the detailed work procedure and contents in the progress of establishing and taking record of local food safety standards.
Main contents as below,
1. Local food safety standards should base on the implementation of national food safety standard, complete the standards with local requirements, such as local food product, process requirement, testing method or process which do not covered by national standards.
2. Local food safety standard should be made to protect public health, follow the principle of science, practice, transparency.
3. The content include but not limited to name, scope, terms and definitions, food product technical requirements.
4. The standard text and and illustration document should refer to “national food safety standard work procedure manual”.
5. The procedure of issue and amendment of local food safety standards may take reference from national food safety standard.
6. Local health department shall promptly submit the record document.
7. The Secretariat of national food safety standard is responsible for the record of local food safety standard.