On June 02nd,2022, Health Canada’s Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) published the notices on “Proposed Maximum Residue Limit PMRL2022-10, Dimethoate" and "Proposed Maximum Residue Limit PMRL2022-11, Fluensulfone”.
The document summarizes the below:
- Proposes the acceptability of uses on raw agricultural commodities and processed food products;
- The MRLs of the pesticide Dimethoate are proposed on Annual Canarygrass grains at 0.04 ppm;
- The MRLs of the pesticide Fluensulfone are proposed for various food commodities such as Dried apples at 0.9 ppm, Citrus oils at 15 ppm, Potato chips at 2.0 ppm, etc.;
- The requested tolerances pose no risk to consumer health and ensure the safety of its uses;
- Consumption of the residues according to the supported label directions is safe.
The consultation period for public comments is valid until 75 days from the date of publication.
To view the complete document, check out the Food News Monitoring System and stay updated.