On October 31, 2020, China SAMR - State Administration for Market Regulation has formulated various Technical Guidelines on Health Food in accordance with the Food Safety Law of the People's Republic of China.
- Technical Guidelines for toxicological testing and evaluation of health food and raw material safety;
- Technical Guidelines for the Safety Testing and Evaluation of Bacteria in Health Food Raw Materials;
- Technical Guidelines for the Physical and Health Indicators of Health Food;
The Guideline document has the following provisions for immediate implementation:
- Physical Health Indicators of Health food should comply with the National Standards for Food Safety Health Food (GB 16740 requirements and inspection methods)
- Packaging materials should comply with the National Standards for Food Safety Health Food Regulation.
- To determine the efficacy of Iconic Ingredients in Health Food Raw Materials.
- Health food and its raw materials safety toxicology must comply with GB 15193 standard using Acute Oral Test and Genotoxicity Test methods.
- Safety Testing and Evaluation of Bacteria in Health Food Raw Materials applies to the pathogenic testing and evaluation of bacteria used in health food raw materials, including health food formulation and raw material production.
The Guidelines comes into effect from October 31,2020.
Read more about regulatory compliance best practices.