On May 21, 2021, the European Food Safety Authority has reviewed the maximum residue levels (MRLs) currently established at European level for the pesticide active substance 1,4‐dimethylnaphthalene according to Article 12 of Regulation (EC) No 396/2005.
The main scope of the scientific document is summarized as follows:
- Assessment on the presence of 1,4‐dimethylnaphthalene residues in plants, processed commodities, rotational crops and livestock.
- MRL proposals were derived and a consumer risk assessment was carried out.
- No considerable risk to consumers was identified, some information required by the regulatory framework was missing.
- Limit of quantification is was achieved at 0.01mg/kg for livestock feed and 0.1mg/kg in plants.
- The consumer risk assessment is considered indicative only and all MRL proposals derived by EFSA still require further consideration by risk managers.
To view the complete assessment report, check out the Food News Monitoring System.