On November 16,2020, the European Food Safety Authority was requested to “Set Import Tolerances for Chlorantraniliprole in Strawberries and Pulses” in accordance with Article 6 of Regulation (EC) No 396/2005.
The scientific document highlights the Tolerance Limits of Pesticides set for the following food categories:
- The active substance Chlorantraniliprole in strawberries and the whole category pulses (beans, lentils, peas and lupins/lupini beans).
- Adequate analytical methods for enforcement are available to control the residues of Chlorantraniliprole in the commodities under consideration at the validated limit of quantification (LOQ) of 0.01 mg/kg.
- The available data are not sufficient to derive an import tolerance for strawberries and no modification of the current EU MRL is required.
- The available residue trials are sufficient to derive an MRL proposal of 0.3 mg/kg for the whole category pulses.
- Based on the risk assessment results, EFSA concluded that the long‐term intake of residues resulting from the use of Chlorantraniliprole according to the reported agricultural practice is unlikely to present a risk to consumer health.
- The reliable end points, appropriate for use in regulatory risk assessment are presented.
The proposed regulation is in effect from November 16, 2020.