On September 26th, 2022, the European Food Safety Authority published a regulation on the “Setting of an import tolerance for Pyridaben in grapefruits” per Article 6 of Regulation (EC) No 396/2005.
The document summarizes the following points :
- To set the maximum residues limits for grapefruits imported from the USA;
- Modification of the existing MRLs for grapefruit from 0.3mg/kg to 0.5mg/kg;
- Adequate analytical methods are available to control the residues of Pyridaben;
- The limit of quantification (LOQ) is established at 0.01 mg/kg in plant matrices;
- Risk assessment studies indicate the short-term and long-term intakes of the residues are unlikely to pose any health risk to consumers.
To view the complete document, check out the Food News Monitoring System.