On April 26th, 2022, the European Food Safety Authority published an article on the “Modification of the existing maximum residue levels for sulfoxaflor in various crops” in accordance with Article 6 of Regulation (EC) No 396/2005.
The document summarizes the following:
- Modification of the existing maximum residue levels (MRLs) for the active substance sulfoxaflor in lettuce and salad plants (except lettuce), beans with pods, and peas without pods;
- The maximum residue limits for lettuces and other salad plants including Brassicaceae, (except lettuces) are proposed as 0.2 mg/kg; beans with pods 0.15 mg/kg and peas without pods 0.03 mg/kg;
- The data was found to be sufficient to derive MRL proposals for all crops under consideration;
- Adequate analytical methods are available to control the residues under consideration at the validated limit of quantification (LOQ) of 0.01 mg/kg;
- Risk assessment results indicated the short-term and long-term intake of residues is unlikely to present a risk to consumer health.
To view the complete document, check out the Food News Monitoring System.