On January 21st, 2022, the European Food Safety Authority published an article on “Modification of the existing maximum residue levels for azoxystrobin in rapeseeds and linseeds” in accordance with Article 6 of Regulation (EC) No 396/2005.
The scope of the document highlights the following key points:
- To assess the occurrence of Azoxystrobin residues are applicable to primary crops, rotational crops, and processed products;
- No modification of the existing MRL was proposed for linseeds (0.4 mg/kg);
- MRL for rapeseeds/canola seeds has been proposed at 0.7 mg/kg;
- Adequate analytical methods are available to control the residues of azoxystrobin in the commodities at the limit of quantification (LOQ) of 0.01 mg/kg;
- Consumer risk assessment indicated no apparent risk to consumers on the consumption of these products.
To view the complete safety assessment report, check out the Food News Monitoring System.