On August 05, 2021, the European Food Safety Authority published the “Modification of the existing maximum residue levels for Cyantraniliprole in Olives” in accordance with Article 6 of Regulation (EC) No 396/2005.
The focal points of technical analysis are the following:
- Use applications in table olives and olives for oil production are considered.
- Adequate analytical methods for enforcement are available to control the residues of cyantraniliprole.
- Approves the use of commodities under consideration at a validated limit of quantification (LOQ) of 0.01 mg/kg.
- The existing MRLs for olives (table olives and oil production) from 1.5 to 3 mg/kg is set out in the regulation.
- Based on the risk assessment results, the intake of residues resulting from the use of cyantraniliprole is unlikely to present a risk to consumer health.
To view the complete regulation, check out the Food News Monitoring System.