On June 09th, 2022, the European Food Safety Authority published the “Modification of the existing maximum residue level for Sedaxane in potatoes” in accordance with Article 6 of Regulation (EC) No 396/2005.
The document indicates the following points:
- Modification of the existing maximum residue limits of food commodity for Potatoes;
- Adequate analytical methods are available to control the residues in potatoes under consideration at LOQ of 0.01 mg/kg;
- The proposed limits for potatoes are raised from 0.02 mg/kg to 0.15 mg/kg;
- The assessment does not consider the possible impact of plant and livestock metabolism on the ratio of this pesticide, hence it requires further investigation;
- Risk assessment results indicate the short-term dietary assessment was not required and long-term intake of residues poses no risk to consumer health.
To view the complete article, check out the Food News Monitoring System.