On September 24th, 2021, The European Food Safety Authority published a report on “Setting of Import Tolerances for Flutianil in various crops” in accordance with Article 6 of Regulation (EC) No 396/2005.
The scope of the document outlines the following:
- The samples that were analyzed for Flutianil in line with the current residue definition for enforcement and risk assessment;
- Proposed MRL’s for Apple (0.15 mg/kg), Cherries (0.40 mg/kg), Strawberries (0.30 mg/kg), Cucumber 0.03 mg/kg) and Courgettes (0.03 mg/kg);
- For melons, data gaps were identified which precluded the derivation of MRL proposals;
- Adequate analytical methods are available to control the residues of Flutianil in the commodities under consideration of LOQ of 0.01 mg/kg;
- Short‐term and long‐term intake of residues resulting from the use of Flutianil according to the reported agricultural practices is unlikely to present a risk to consumer health;
- Consumer risk assessment could not be finalized with regard to the potential presence of soil metabolite OC 56635 in rotational crops.
To view the complete document, check out the Food News Monitoring System.