On March 25, 2021, the Food Standards Australia New Zealand published various legislations collectively in the Food Standards Gazette Amendment No. 198.
The Food standard legislative amendments are provided as below:
- Food Standards (Application A1155 - 2′-FL and LNnT in infant formula and other products) Variation (https://fnmcompliancecloud.selerant.com/Article/262946)
- Food Standards (Application A1175 – Rapeseed protein isolate as a novel food) Variation (https://fnmcompliancecloud.selerant.com/Article/262761)
- Food Standards (Application A1180 – Natural Glycolipids as a preservative in non-alcoholic beverages) Variation (https://fnmcompliancecloud.selerant.com/Article/262910)
- Food Standards (Application A1186 – Soy Leghaemoglobin in analogue meat) Variation (https://fnmcompliancecloud.selerant.com/Article/262911)
This is the main information reported in the standards:
- Restriction to the addition to infant formula product of inulin-type fructans and galacto-oligosaccharides
- Specification for 2′-O-fucosyllactose and lacto-N-neotetraose including assays, physicochemical and microbial requirements in Infant formula.
- Replacement of the term ‘gene technology’ with ‘gene technology of plant origin’ in Infant formula.
- Infant formula products—substances permitted as nutritive substances
- Specification for rapeseed protein isolate- Composition, purity, heavy metals and microbial requirements
- Specification for sweet osmanthus ear glycolipids including physicochemical, microbial and heavy metals.
To view the standards, check out the Food News Monitoring System.