On November 19th, 2021, the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety of Korea published the regulation on “Food Additives Standard and Specification (No.2021-94)”.
The scope of the standard summarizes the following:
- To specify the purpose of use of mixed agents and clarify the types of substances that can be used as diluents in mixed agents;
- To establish limits of daily intake allowance for glycerin fatty acid ester and caramel pigments;
- Three items of Glycerin diacetyl acid esters are separated from the glycerin fatty acid ester and a standard is established;
- The new four-component standards are added based on the type of caramel pigments by deleting caramel pigment and separating it according to manufacturing method;
- The standard has been revised for Sodium meta-sulfate for its uses in sugar manufacturing processes such as Glucose;
- Specifies safe uses of genetically modified foods in the production of food additives.
The regulation is effective from November 19th, 2021.
To view the complete regulation, check out the Food News Monitoring System.