On September 15th, 2022, the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) published a regulation on the “Partial Amendment of Health Functional Food Code (No. 2022-69)”.
The document mainly focuses on the below details as follows:
- To expand the use of raw materials in the manufacture of proteins;
- Addition of the functional ingredient Ginseng for health benefits;
- Removal of aloe leaf from the list of functional raw materials due to food safety concerns;
- Addition of the specification standard for the saw palmetto fruit extract to combat food fraud with other low-cost edible oils;
- The test methods are amended to provide effective and accurate analytical results.
The regulation is effective from September 15th, 2022.
To view the document, check out the Food News Monitoring System and Stay up to date with the latest regulations.