On July 29, 2021, the Ministry for Primary Industry of New Zealand published the draft regulation “Proposed Animal Products Notice: New Zealand Animal Products Standards”. The proposed notice is a consolidation of 17 current documents comprising 11 Notices and 6 additional documents.
The scope of the notice reflects the current requirements:
- The production and processing of animal material and animal products intended for human or animal consumption.
- It applies to producers, suppliers and processors of animal products such as dairy, fish, poultry, meat and honey, and people who transport and store these products.
- It is relevant for verifiers and evaluators of these businesses and any associated accreditation bodies.
- It includes minor policies and technical changes where appropriate to improve the regulatory system.
- To issue the consolidated Animal Product Regulations and notices.
- To incorporate the rules to verify both the domestic and export regimes.
The draft consultation period for public comments is valid until September 13, 2021.
To view the draft regulation, check out the Food News Monitoring System.