On September 27th, 2022, the Singapore Food Agency published the “The Food (Amendment No. 2) Regulations 2022”.
The document outlines the following changes to the regulation:
- The proposed changes delete 59 standards of identity;
- The deletion of the 59 standards of identity does not compromise food safety;
- Food businesses operators must ensure the labeling declarations are accurate and true in nature of the content;
- To ensure the food labels do not carry claims or suggestions that are false, misleading, or deceptive;
- Any deviation from the adhered rules is subjected to regulatory action for non-compliance.
The Food (Amendment No. 2) Regulations 2022 will come into operation on October 03rd, 2022.
To view the regulation, check out the Food News Monitoring System and stay current.