On February 10, 2023, the Health Promotion Board of Singapore issued a scientific document on the “Labelling and Advertisement requirements for Nutri-Grade Beverages” per Food Regulations (Amendment No. 2) 2021.
The following points are highlighted below for consideration:
- The guide is intended to assist industry stakeholders to comply with the requirements of the Food Regulations;
- Nutri-Grade mark aims to help consumers identify beverages that are higher in sugar and saturated fat;
- The Usage Guide for Graphic Applications of the Nutri-Grade mark provides guidelines on graphic applications of the Nutri-Grade mark;
- Advertisements related to Nutri-Grade beverages graded “D” are prohibited, except in certain circumstances detailed in Regulation 184F (2);
- All Nutri-Grade beverages must comply with the Nutrition Information panel specifying the energy value, the amount of protein, carbohydrate, fat, etc.
To view the document in detail, check out the Food News Monitoring System.