On November 26th, 2021, the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry published the regulation on “Amendment on Turkish Food Codex Regulation on Food Labelling and Consumers Informing”.
The scope of the document outlines the following:
- The regulation sets forth the rules and procedures on labelling, nutrition labelling, presentation and advertising of foods for sale to the ultimate consumer and rules of nutrition and health claims made on foods;
- The size of the name of the food on the label is in accordance with Annex-3 and it is written as Product name on the label;
- Food business operators must comply with the provisions of the Guidelines prepared regarding the provisions of this Regulation;
- Transitional provision is also applicable to food operators to comply with the changes introduced by the regulation until December 31st, 2023;
- Products that do not comply with these provisions shall not be placed and made available on the market.
To view the document, check out the Food News Monitoring System and stay up-to-date with the latest regulatory requirements.