On April 08, 2023, the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry published a notification on “Turkish food codex Communiqué on Olive Oil and Pomace Oil” which was incorporated in the Official Gazette.
The document highlights the following key points:
- Article 4 of Communiqué No: 2017/26 has been partially repealed and removed;
- Article 5 on “extra virgin and natural first olive oil and raw and in refined pomace oil” has been modified;
- The sensory evaluation of the Olive oil has been evaluated;
- A provisional article has been included on the date of consumption placed on the market until 31/12/2024;
- The Delta-7-Stigmastenol ranges between 0.5% to 0.8% and all other parameters remain the same.
This Communiqué shall enter into force on the date of its publication.
To review the content in detail, check out the Food News Monitoring System.