On November 30th, 2022, the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry published the “Turkish Food Codex notification on Fermented Milk Products (2022/44) ” which was incorporated in the Official Gazette.
The notification highlights the following points:
- The regulation applies to fermented milk products, concentrated fermented milk products, heat-treated fermented milk products, etc.;
- The purpose is to manufacture, pack and distribute per sanitary hygiene;
- Milk in the production of products covered by this Communiqué protein other than protein cannot be used.
- Products covered by this Communiqué sugar/sweetener and salt to be used, as a condiment is not evaluated;
- Powder/dried fermented as defined in this Communiqué preservation, transportation, and placing on the market of products, except dairy products must maintain temperatures below 6ºC and can be found in the market until December 31, 2024;
- Food business operators shall comply with the provisions of this notice until December 31, 2023;
- The provisions of the Turkish Food Codex Fermented Milk Products published in the Official Gazette Communiqué (Communiqué No: 2009/25) have been repealed.
This Notification is effective from November 30th, 2022.
To view the complete document, check out the Food News Monitoring System.