On December 06, 2022, the United Kingdom’s Secretary of States published a regulation on the “Organic Production (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2022” concerning Articles 22(1) and 38b(8) of Council Regulation (EC) No 834/2007”.
The document aims to establish the following as highlighted:
- Organic production and labeling of organic products and control are amended;
- The entry of year in the Article 42(b) on the use of non-organic animals “31 December 2022” shall substitute with the year 2025;
- Article 43 on the use of non-organic protein feed of plant and animal origin for livestock for the year “2021 and 2022” to substitute from 2022 to 2025;
- Section A on food additives containing the additive “E 418” is to be revised to “1 January 2026”;
- The Regulations extend to England, Wales and Scotland.
The above regulation shall come into force on December 31st, 2022.
To view the complete regulation, check out the Food News Monitoring System.