On October 12nd, 2021, the US Environmental Protection Agency established the maximum levels for residues “Clothianidin; Pesticide Tolerances”.
The scope of the document highlights the following:
- The toxicological profile shows no adverse health effects on human health;
- Clothianidin is classified as ‘‘Not Likely to be Carcinogenic to Humans”;
- Determines the tolerance “Safe” for its uses;
- Risk assessment for each potential exposure (dietary food, drinking water, etc.) does not underestimate potential exposure and risk for infants or children;
- Tolerances are established for residues in or on food and feed commodities (other than those covered by a higher tolerance) at 0.01 ppm.
The regulation is effective from October 12nd, 2021.
To view the complete document, check out the Food News Monitoring System and Stay up-to-date with all the latest established MRLs.