- Selerant - Selerant News
- Selerant Launches Out-of-the-Box Product Development and Regulatory Solution for Cosmetics Manufacturers
Selerant Launches Out-of-the-Box Product Development and Regulatory Solution for Cosmetics Manufacturers
Product Lifecycle Management
Posted By: Selerant
Selerant Launches Out-of-the-Box PLM Solution for Cosmetics Manufacturers
New Software Offers Pre-Configured, Formula-Based Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) for Beauty and Personal Care Products
New York City, NY– May 7, 2019 - Selerant, a leading global provider of formula-based product lifecycle management (PLM) software for the beauty industry, has announced the release of Devex Baseline Cosmetics, a system of out-of-the-box PLM templates for New Product Development and Introduction (NDPI) processes.
As part of this release, Selerant will be rolling out the Devex Baseline Cosmetics system to cosmetics innovators at the NYSCC Suppliers’ Day event May 7-8, 2019, in New York City.
“Beauty brands are facing faster product launch deadlines and often don’t have the time or resources to spend customizing a PLM system. By packaging Selerant’s proven PLM processes into ready-made templates, Devex Baseline Cosmetics empowers beauty manufacturers of any size to quickly implement a full-scale product lifecycle tailored to their exact needs,” said Jacopo Colombo, Selerant CTO.
From Regulatory steps to Innovation and R&D, the Devex Baseline Cosmetics solution includes plug-and-go templates for each part of the NPDI process. Devex PLM Baseline Cosmetics Templates include:
- Ingredients Management: Implements creation, approval, promotion and activation processes for ingredients and their specifications.
- Packaging Management: Implements creation, approval and activation processes for packaging materials and their specifications.
- Formula Management: Integrates formula development with approval workflows for formulations and their specifications.
- Finished Product Management: Implements creation, approval and activation processes for finished products and their specifications.
- Regulatory: Enforces requirements for GHS and ADR calculations while also creating INCI statements and SDS documents.
Each template contains data sets, specifications, workflows, documents, user roles and more that can be used as a stand-alone solution or combined together for a tailored PLM system implementation. Devex Baseline’s three configuration profiles offer PLM options for any cosmetics company, regardless of size or maturity of existing processes around PLM:
- Express Configuration is for companies that need standard product data and do not have well-defined business processes for change control of the product data.
- Standard Configuration is for companies that want to control product development with structured status management phases and more detailed product data templates.
- Plus Configuration is for companies with complex business processes that need version control, specification templates, and process reporting.
Shiseido Americas Corporation, a leader in prestige beauty, which manages global brands such as Laura Mercier, NARS and bareMinerals, echoes the importance of having a configurable technology platform that can manage the full product and regulatory lifecycle for all product lines.
“As a leader in prestige beauty, having the Devex system in place to manage projects, catalogs and product development activities creates an essential technology backbone for our digital innovation efforts. With Selerant, our product teams remain focused on cutting-edge product design, not data or process bottlenecks,” said Deanna Johnston, Shiseido America’s Chief Information Officer.
The NYSCC Suppliers’ Day event will take place May 7-8, 2019, and will showcase the latest innovations from leaders in the cosmetics and beauty industry.
Selerant will be located at booth 101 in the Javits Center in New York City. For more information on Devex Baseline Cosmetics, visit https://www.selerant.com/formula-based-product-lifecycle-management-software/devex-baseline-pre-configured-plm-cosmetics/.
Founded in 1990, Selerant is a leading global provider of formula-based product lifecycle management (PLM) software and consulting services within three core process manufacturing segments: Food & Beverages, Personal Care/Pharmaceutical and Specialty Chemicals. From idea to label, Selerant ensures compliance and facilitates innovation for the entirety of formula-based PLM. Selerant has offices in the United States, Italy, China, Germany, France, Switzerland, India, Serbia, and Ukraine.
View the release on BusinessWire.
For media inquiries contact:
Hollie Farrahi, Selerant Marketing Manager