For process manufacturers, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system and Quality Management Systems (QMS) have historically have been owned and managed separately by different groups. PLM has traditionally fallen under the management of Product Management or Innovation groups, with Quality groups leveraging stand-alone quality management processes to track quality data.
Download this ebook and learn how to:
- Address the four infrastructure roadblocks manufacturers face trying to manage and enforce vendor, ingredient, manufacturing and packaging quality standards in real-time
- Avoid deploying a stand-alone QMS tool that can actually hinder quality initiatives.
- Use PLM to capture and auto-enforce quality data during ingredient, formulation, packaging specification management.
- Create an accurate view of product history and quality issues as product development occurs.
- Integrate supplier quality data and documentation into the product lifecycle.
- Generate traceability down to the substance level across all product lines, brands, ingredient types, vendors and limit downtime and resources during quality resolution.